Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Renew A Right Spirit In Me

The last time I posted I talked about the parable of the 10 virgins. I compared the oil in their lamps to being the empowering of the Holy Spirit and thought it was a warning to those who would burn out before the LORD returns.

Today as I share my word of testimony I have a whole new perspective on this parable. I was close but off quite a lot. Close as in saying Australia and America are close. They are of course on the same planet. The oil in the lamp does have something to do with the Holy Spirit but not at all like I thought.

Close because one can not obtain a right spirit without the Holy Spirit. Off because the LORD is not saying we are to be wise in how we use the Holy Spirit or we will run out.

I think having oil in your lamp when the bridegroom returns it is all about having a right spirit. Foolishly some think that just doing the right things without the right spirit will be enough when the bridegroom comes.

However obtaining a right spirit takes wisdom . Note the parable saying that the foolish virgins realize that they should have bought more. They must have known at some point that a right spirit was required but for some reason did not maintain the required amount for the bridegrooms return.

Note that they actually think it might be possible to be ready when He returns if the other virgins give them some of their oil. That is a little confusing to me still .

I know if I am around others who have a right spirit I do not notice that I have a wrong spirit .

I plan to look into all parts of this parable in the coming days.

My word of testimony is that I was awakened by the Holy Spirit .

No comments:

Post a Comment