Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Can This Be ?

The LORD has blessed me to live among my own people. We have a tendency to get into a rut. How it happened that I would want to be a rut breaker, I do not know. Maybe it happened because I realised that going in a rut was what eventually became a ditch, and a ditch eventually became a gully, and a gully eventually became a Grand Canyon. Well, it could if gone over enough times.

So when I cried unto the LORD to help me out of my rut/Grand Canyon one of the first thoughts to come to me was that I needed to be able to accept a change in the way I did things.
One of the first thoughts was that to get out of that rut I would have to learn to follow the Holy Spirit. My very first thought was no wonder I had gotten into such a deep rut, I had been quenching the Holy Spirit for a very long time. Not only had I been quenching the Holy Spirit but I had been grieving the Holy Spirit and in so doing I realised that I had been denying the power of the Holy Spirit. This is not acceptable behavior in the kingdom of God so while in the midst of getting out of my rut I also sought for a new way of living. You see I had gotten out of ruts so many times only to find myself back in one again, I was ready , ready for change, ready for anything that God might want to do.

There was no clearly laid plan in my mind how God would deliver me, but I believed He was my deliverer. There was no formula that I was planning to follow except to believe that I had been created to glorify His name. There was no way that I could plan my days ahead because each day I hoped would be the day that I no longer walked in my rut. I had to say, "If the LORD wills ," to every thing because I only had a hope of His will being done in my life.

A friend suggested that I read Romans 8 as a prayer of thanksgiving to the LORD , each day. I do not know the particular translation she gave me but it seemed to be English friendly. As I would read it the words seemed easy to form into the way I was comfortable speaking. Romans 8: 1 says: There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. My thanksgiving prayer was, I thank you Father that because of Your great love for us You gave Your son to me and I believe to receive that His blood has washed all my sins away. With this cleansing power comes the added blessing that I am now in Christ Jesus , and because I am in Christ Jesus there is now no condemnation for me.

You see, I started living under the blood of the Lamb. I started wanting to give my word of testimony to the effect that there is now no condemnation for me. I began looking ahead to the day that my rut would become a flat land once again. A day that what was happening around me or to me would not shake me or slow me down. That my walk with Jesus would be more important than what was happening around me.

So when I asked people to pray for me I could not help but exhort them to expect a miracle. Some misunderstand and thought that I was demanding a miracle. When they misunderstand I did not know what else to do but say once again, "Expect a miracle."

It came to me today that my life is a little like Peter's when he had been put in prison. There was a whole group of people praying for him. Yet when the very thing that they were asking God to do on Peter's behalf , they had a hard time believing that it really could happen.

I have been in prison/rut for so long that people hardly know what to think when I ask them to pray for me as though I'm out. I will be able to follow the Spirit. Romans 8 says I can.

I am putting my hope in that God will surely allow there to be at least one young maiden to answer the door when I come out , and she will be able to convince the rest that God truly is a
God who performs miracles , even today.

No comments:

Post a Comment