Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Have Decided To Follow Jesus

Right now I have some very big decisions to make.
A word picture would be of a ship (that's me) and a stormy sea ( the wind and waves telling me what I should do ) and the destination has a lighthouse set upon it . "Lord , I have decided to follow You, so please do something about this wind and waves. "
He is .
Perhaps the very wind and waves that I find making my trip so uncomfortable are the very things that I need to end up in the right place at the right time.

I was clipping along pretty good at giving a daily testimony when I read this book for authors.

It said, "Something written in haste is rarely enjoyed by the reader." ( Not exact quote.)

It has taken a few days for me to recover. Then the Holy Spirit reminded me this blog is not for the enjoyment of any reader. This is the word of my testimony.

Here it is:
My choices and actions were once interfered with by several oppressions put on me by the enemy. I wanted these oppressions to stop so I cried unto the LORD for help , and He helped.
He started sending people into my life that ignored the oppression and treated me as though I was free. When I mentioned that I might start drinking again they said ,"so, if you do, just keep on following Jesus." So instead of fearing that I would drink again, I just decided , that if it happened I would not stop following Jesus. Want to know something . I do not even want to drink anymore. I can not even think that I would want to drink anymore. But if I do , I will continue to follow Jesus . The thing is now , of course you've noticed. I am following Jesus. I doubt very seriously that He is going to go into a bar . That is pretty easy to assume , given my history with strong beverages. Although you and I know of people He has lead into bars. I am just trying to relate this problem to my current problem(s) and follow Him through this storm.
Now I am following Jesus and I assume that I am not to go into debt to go where He is showing me to go. Just like I assume that I am not going to go into a bar . Are you following my testimony here ?
On the other hand , everyone knows that you go into debt when you live in a house.
I am beginning to lean towards the same attitude for health insurance deductibles. Health insurance with a $2,000.00 deductible maybe should be looked at like a mortgage on a house. If you plan to pay it , it is okay.
So I have to go and pursue a job. My ad in the paper did not produce anyone who would pursue me. So now I have to go and pursue a job.

My word of testimony today is that I believe Jesus will not leave me or forsake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment