Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Is it too late?

You know I will be 60 years old this coming February. What an awesome thing to be able to say. That thought about how many years it took me to get here , just kept coming up to me and pestering me. The thoughts weren't going to stop me from going on now, better late than never is what I've always said. Still, up would come the thought and hit my emotions like seaweed marring a beautiful sandy beach.
The other day I happened across a person whose book had helped me so much. His honesty and his relating his word of testimony inspired and encouraged me. His name had become marred with public scandal. Not real facts but a distortion of some facts. The reason I had bought his book was because I had happened to see him in an interview on TV. He said , that the LORD had told him not to answer his accusers and fight them with facts. That the LORD had something He wanted to teach him, this fellow who wrote the book. Then he went on to tell his side of the story and promote his book. I wondered at the time if the LORD had told him it was okay now to defend himself, but I went on and ordered the book.
The LORD had indeed taught him something and had he not obeyed he probably would not of learned the valuable truth that he had about shame. He had mentioned something in that book about his next book to be published so I was on the Internet trying to see if it might be for sale somewhere, and I came upon this author. There he was , in video talking about how the LORD had told him that He had not changed His mind. From what I gathered the author had a take on what the LORD had said to him that could of been off a little bit.
As I began to pray for him , that if he was mistaken that the LORD would help him get back on the right path, the compassion I felt for him must of come from the LORD. Suddenly I knew the LORD's compassion would also extend to me.
The LORD does not mind that I am 60 and just now beginning to do what I've known He always wanted me to do. Nor will He mind if this author wakes up today and says, "Oh, that's what the LORD meant when He said, I haven't changed my mind." Any day you come to do the LORD's will is just fine with Him, and He is willing to treat you as if you have been doing okay, all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment