Saturday, December 26, 2009

What Shame ?

Whenever I am in the midst of a problem many types of things come up. It is all part of the same problem that will in time change , however I am trying to get the most out of this problem that I can. I can remember those days that I thought pleasing God was to believe that He would take my problem away. That was such a small part of the picture I see now. As I recognize the right response and then allow the Spirit to empower me to do what I see will glorify His name , I feel as though I must stay busy all the time. This problem might be over soon and I will have lost several good opportunities. I know He will be faithful to give me a new problem but I believe He wants me to act on all that I see, not put it off and say, "tomorrow will be just as good as today."

A question that I believe the Holy Spirit has laid on my heart to ask myself daily is this: "If I see a work in the flesh in my life , am I using another work of the flesh to quit it?"
I have (without consulting the Holy Spirit) been expecting this to work. Now it is my hope is that the Spirit can lead me to an alternate route.

One very unfruitful work of my flesh has been how to handle shame. Again I question myself, "are you going to use a work of the flesh to get rid of a work of the flesh?"

I will say today that I believe my redeemer has a plan for the shame that I see coming on the horizon. For He said through the prophet,
"Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed;
Nor be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame;
For you will forget the shame.....
And will not remember the reproach........anymore." Isaiah 54:4 NKJV

Even though what I see is real, my LORD has a plan for turning it into something that will glorify Him. As I turn it over to Him and let Him work out all the details I stand in awe and worship Him. He truly is an awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment