Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Finding Help

There was a person that I saw frequently that I disliked being around. Whenever I was reminded of how much I disliked this person I would feel sad. I prayed that I would be able to love this person but nothing seemed to happen. Then one day I saw this person in the company of someone else and the someone else just seemed to have an abundance of love for the person I disliked so much. Just seeing that someone else could love the dislike able person gave me the hope that I needed . My prayers continued for love but with hope. It wasn't long and someone else came around this unloved person by me, and exhibited great love. Once again I marveled . It had to be a miracle that they did not have the same problem that I had. They only saw the good things about this person , even though while in their presence I saw good reasons to dislike the dislike able person. The others who loved had a very positive impact on me.
And then one day a miracle happened for me. The dislike able person became a person that I loved. The behaviors that I still disliked did not prevent me from loving the person. I wasn't sad then.
I get up every day with the hope God will be glorified today. I try to remember that I follow the Spirit , He brings forth the glory.
One thing that I am glad that I have learned is to not limit God to answering my prayers , my way. If I want to love someone , He can help me anyway He wants.
He brought back the memory of how He helped me love before by bringing other people around who could love. I began to pray that God would bring people through whom He could show His love through for the people I dislike now. As I did this I saw that I was letting Him take a great burden off my back. My care of wanting to love had become a burden that I was falling under. But when I let it go telling Him He could use anyone to love through that He wanted , I realized that meant that He could even use me.
I feel as though I have begun a vigil for missionaries. For these unknown who will show the love of Christ to these unlikeable people in my life surely they will benefit from my prayers.
I have peace and joy once more. I am not focused on my producing a love. I am believing in His unfailing love showing itself somewhere , someway, His time table and for His glory.

The word of my testimony today is 1 John 3 :1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called the children of God, and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

No comments:

Post a Comment