Friday, June 12, 2009

If I Being Evil

The word of my testimony today is Luke 11:13 If ye then ,being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Heavenly Father give to them that ask Him.

Also this word Matt. 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen.

I have been looking at giving good gifts to my children. Maybe that is why I am becoming so aware of the evil that is in me. I certainly want to spend my time and energy on giving good gifts to my children . I have some children who have realised the best gifts are those from above. Any gift that I can receive from above they see it as treasury in their bank accounts. This certainly is a blessing to me because grace needs a face on it sometimes.

I have not had to hide who I really am from my children. They really know and believe with me for the grace of God. If my righteousness was dependant on works there would be no good thing. Not a thing.

My desire is to be rid of as much evil as possible before I die. The very evil that I am most aware of is prejudice and being prejudice towards those who are prejudice. I am seeing a pattern here. Do you remember that day that I saw I wanted to stop making people my idols and I wanted to stop wanting to be an idol to people ?

Seeing this pattern here has reminded me of a hiding style they talk about in Dr. John Townsend's book Hiding From Love. One style was a peaks to pits described by the defensive behavior : Goes from idealizing a relationship to devaluing it. Recommended steps : Accept own mediocrity and that of others.

Okay , well I think the scriptures that LORD has given for today will help me do that. Jesus had relationships with people whom He knew inside out. He knew how evil they were yet He did not devalue them. He also did not put them on a pedestal and say , "Oh you are so special because you realize that I am the son of God." He just related to them like they were one of His Fathers children. He seemed to understand that we needed a lot of encouragement to believe that His Father really did want to treat us as good as He does. He wants to give us really good gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment