Monday, August 10, 2009

By Jove, I think I got it !

When I think about what kinds of situations are going on in my life , I often find a testimony. Somehow a rumor got started that things always come in threes. I don't know about that, how ever I have been amazed how I can find something in common with my biggest problems . Sometimes just realizing the common denominator as it were is the very thing that helps me take the problems to God and He fixes them. Also , the log and speck theory works well for me. If someone is bugging me, do I have a log in my eye that kind of looks like their speck ? Sure enough , and am I willing to go to the throne room of grace and receive grace and help in time of need ? Only then can I give the grace to that person who has a little bitty speck that looks like my log.

I have noticed every time I want to do something for the LORD it requires His strength . Before He gives His strength it seems He wants me to receive His grace for my weaknesses .
I like the way He has everything planned out. He is so wise.

You may find this hard to believe but I have been in the mullygrubs because there are some people I care about that just don't seem to "get it!" No, I am not going to tell you what "it " is , only that " it " represents something I see about their lives that they just don't .

I was getting tired of these mullygrubs. Not much fun and it has definitely been quenching the Spirit thus a lack of Word of Testimony. As I was sitting and meditating yesterday morning before church I thought about what we are studying in 2 Corth. Wasn't Paul kind of having the same kind of problem ? These people just didn't get it. Oh, but they thought they did get it and that Paul was the one who was crazy. Somehow I began to feel a whole lot better.

You know how Paul said, "Rejoice in the LORD always and again I say , rejoice." Well, I think he meant to say that to me. I also think there could not have been a better time in the world for my pastor to teach on 2 Corth. 8:16-24. Those words he spoke to me yesterday just brought me alive again.

The main scripture and my word of testimony for today is : 2 Corth.8:16 But thanks be to God who puts the same earnestness on your behalf in the heart of Titus.

I am thanking God that He puts earnestness in hearts of people like my pastor. I am thanking God for the many Titus' in the body of Christ that there are. I am thanking God for messengers who minister or serve for the glory of God.

I am thanking God that I finally "got it", something I am sure others might of seen but I could not for some reason. I "got it " now .

No comments:

Post a Comment