Thursday, August 27, 2009

Drink of this Water

Acts 26 verses 16 and 17 Jesus tells Paul he is being sent ;
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Before Jesus told Paul to do this , Paul's eyes were opened, he turned from darkness to light. Paul turned from the power of Satan and turned to the power of God. Paul received forgiveness of sins. Paul also accepted that he would be given an inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith in the LORD Jesus Christ.

Paul drank the water.

I picture forgiveness of our sins as a clear beautiful stream of water that flows near enough for us to see. However just seeing it is not enough. Turning away from the darkness to light , turning away from the power of Satan unto the power of God can happen because my eyes are open. I can turn away from bitterness , resentment , unforgiveness , rebellion and withdraw .

I can turn away from those things unto the power of God.

I can receive forgiveness for my sins of bitterness , resentment , unforgiveness , rebellion and withdraw .

I can and I do by the power of God , the love of God and with the sound mind that God has given me. I do these things and more.

I receive who I am in Christ Jesus . I am in that great group of people who are being sanctified by faith in the LORD Jesus Christ . We have an inheritance that we will not squander. We accept that all that is in our father's house is ours. He loves us and we love Him. We do not work in the field because we have to earn his approval. We are there because we love Him.

I know you have heard this before . This is and was and will be my testimony everyday I live in Christ Jesus. An other life style is not living it is existing .

Living a new life style is sometimes hard to stick with . The old ways start creeping in and instead of turning from them , they seem to turn me.

In the power of His name I can do all things. I can stop resentment , bitterness , unforgiveness , rebellion and withdraw from turning me. I can turn away from them and go drink of the water of forgiveness , today.

No comments:

Post a Comment