Sunday, August 30, 2009

Praying God's Word

When I ask the Holy Spirit where am I in the word , the answers make sense to me. Not because it is theologically correct or going to line up with any one's (even my own) ideas about what the Spirit is really saying in these passages.
However, this is where my joy in the Holy Ghost comes from. These passages of scripture come to me and day after day I see them as a light unto my path. A very great help in time of need.

My greatest need , He cares about. When I hear the Spirit's comforting words I am caught up in Him.

Isaiah 42: 5-7 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, [and] them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

The above verses are the vision statement for the church I attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment