Saturday, August 29, 2009

He 's Alive

There were two men in shiny garments who spoke to the women who had come into the sepulchre where they thought Jesus would lay. Luke 24:5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down [their] faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

"Why seek ye the living among the dead ?" What a question to ask women who were in mourning.
"Why seek ye the living among the dead ? "It made perfect sense to the two men in shiny garments.

I hope you understand I am trying to get my own word of testimony spread out here so I can live it.

I want to not seek the living among the dead any more.

These last days have produced for me a confidence that I am not to be of this world , just in it.

So people of the world seek the living among the dead. Until they are asked , "why are you doing that ?"

I have been trying to get a clear picture of what it looks like to live in the world but not be of the world. At the same time remember that it is with the power of the Holy Spirit that I want to turn away from being of the world. With a spirit of love, power and a sound mind.

I am currently reading the story of The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis. The allegorical story portrays someone who became obsessed with vengeance for his mother's death. While acting on this obsession he is trapped by an enchantment and loses all his freedom. As the story unfolds two children are sent to set him free. It is alright to accept help and Puddleglum agrees to go with them.

I think it is interesting that the way Prince Rilan handled his grief for his mother's death had something to do with his getting caught by the temptress.

I think it is a wonderful story and I hope it is a God blessed creation. Mainly because the called to be heroes keep messing up. Yet they are able at the last to do what they have been sent to do and help Prince Rilan be set free. Also these children were willing to do things in a totally different way than those of the world had done before them. They had some instruction of course .

No comments:

Post a Comment