Friday, August 28, 2009

There will be showers of blessing

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

There is an old song that goes : There will be showers of blessing , showers of blessing we need, mercy drops round us are falling, but for the showers we plead.

I realize that fast is not always best. Although I know I stand before the Father covered with the righteousness of Jesus , I want the conversion experience. I want to be converted from a person who is no longer is resentful , bitter , unforgiving , rebellious , withdrawing from God and unbelieving .

I am looking forward to a time of refreshing. When I thank Him for His grace and mercy He blesses me with His presence. Learning who I am in Christ Jesus has broken down a barrier for me that otherwise would keep me thinking that being in His presence is to good for me.

So I've learned to experience what is my inheritance.

I have learned that this inheritance is not to be squandered.

This does not mean that it is okay to withdraw from God until I see evidence that I am now no longer a resentful , bitter , unforgiving , rebellious person . No , because the "just shall live by faith." However, faith is the evidence of things not seen . So if I continue to see evidence of resentment , (and so forth) I better recount my conversion experience. Some thing's gone array.

Number one question I am going to ask myself is : Was it by the power of the Holy Spirit that I turned from resentment , bitterness , unforgiveness , rebellion and withdraw ? Or was it by my own power ?

My Pastor used such a good analogy this past Sunday. It has stuck with me all week as I've been dealing with this sin problem that crept back into my life .

The analogy was of how he had taught his daughter to learn to float on water. To save time I won't go into all the details but the point was , floating was possible. He just had to insist that she stick with trying it until she did it.

Because I can make a good resemblance of not having sin in my life with very little power from the Holy Spirit , even I may think I am floating as it were , when I am not. Not until something comes up that makes it hard to stay on top do I realize I am sinking like a rock.

What do I do then ? Well, I think you already have the picture .

I praise God for mercy drops falling a round me, but for the showers I plead.

No comments:

Post a Comment