Saturday, March 20, 2010

For Those Who Are In Christ Jesus

Romans 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Just how do I become one of those people ? I would love to live in no condemnation. That would mean living in Christ Jesus , right ?

That would mean that I walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. This is the description I have of one who is in Christ Jesus.

My word of testimony today is that I , Diane Beadle am becoming one of those people.

The way that I have found to stay in this process of becoming , is to constantly , I mean as constantly as I can , believe that God the Father of my Lord Jesus Christ , loves me.

That means when I have a problem that makes me sure others probably would not like to be around me, I chose to believe that God loves me. I also chose to believe , that unless I am contagious , people do want to be around me. Maybe they want to want to be around me, I chose to believe if they know of God's love at all , they want to treat me as good as God would.

That means when any thing happens that my flesh wants to interpret as a sign that I am unloved, I must sustain myself with God's word and confess , that " Yes , He does love me."

John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

That means that every time my head hears thoughts that say the opposite of this truth I have to deal with it. I have to chose am I going to listen to the Spirit of Christ that dwells within me or am I going to listen to this liar? If my head is giving me thoughts that says , God does not love me, it has to be from some other source rather than the Spirit. The Spirit can not lie , He will only speak the truth , and the truth is God loves me. Any other thought is a lie.

Some people think the thing to do it just ignore the lie and go on the best you can.

I however believe that I am to take the sword of the Spirit and cut that lies head off.

I suppose you can do either and it will be fine. I just find that doing the latter has given me great joy in the Holy Ghost . It will take longer to do than the former and it may be more difficult and even seem to hurt while doing it.

Now that I have done it a few times I can not even remember why I thought the former way was an option. Only I knew I did , so I would never judge someone for doing so.

If you have read this word of testimony and chose to give your testimony of joyfully ignoring lies rather than confronting them with the truth please feel free to do so. Any word of testimony that gives glory to our Lord Jesus Christ is worth giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment