Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Good Kind of Hiding

Most of my life I have felt like hiding. Hiding from God's love is not an option however when you plan to enter the kingdom of God. Here you have to not hide and so I have endeavored to quit hiding from His love.
It has not been easy , it has taken days and days of applying His word to my life. Basically what the rest of the body of Christ is doing. I know , I am not so different.
For me the true word of testimony is when I can share that process with others. Very few talk about the housecleaning job that they take the time to purposely thank the LORD for each chair as they dust the legs and seats. Oh, I am sure there are a lot of people doing this, just not a lot take the time to talk about it. How I can thankfully dust that chair is a word of testimony to me because I know that except for the awesome power of the grace of God I could not dust it. I could not want to get down on the floor and dust the legs and braces that probably no one will notice if I don't do it.
It is from this grace that I spring board toward other things that my flesh does not want to do.

I do not want to come out from hiding. It has been a plan of self preservation for so long I can not even remember why I started hiding in the first place. Lately I have been having a very hard time with my flesh , that wants to keep on hiding. Finally I found a break through.
My flesh doesn't really want to keep hiding however ........it only wants to come out when it is sure that it is safe.

I can not imagine how one could go about convincing ones self that life will be safe.
It is not safe. To come out from hiding is definitely a risk .
There is one way that I can come out from hiding in this world and still feel safe. That would be to realize that there is a safe place for me in Jesus.

Jesus said, "that in this world there would be trouble , but be of cheer for He had overcome the world. "

Stepping out of hiding from my own self preservation but walking into a world that Jesus will be with me , makes coming out a whole lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment