Monday, March 22, 2010

A Jezebel in A Martha's World

Yes, I am trying out a title for a new book.

Actually there is humor in knowing that very few people would be interested in a book with that title . Most of us know all to well how to act like a Jezebel and that is why the book titled Being a Mary in a Martha's World , sold really well.

I didn't buy that book though. I thought I had the Mary thing down pretty good and I didn't need it, until I realised that as a Mary one could oh so easily turn into a Jezebel.

Fortunately for me I had seen a few Jezebels in operation before and it wasn't hard for the Lord to hold a mirror up to my face and say, "Take a look."

If you read my previous post you know the Holy Spirit was convicting me about rebellion. I took all the steps towards repentance that I felt the Holy Spirit was showing me. The blessed fruit of that repentance is that the Holy Spirit is now able to show me how I was starting to act like a Jezebel.

Oh how thankful am I that the Holy Spirit does not let me go on and on with my own follies. What a relief to know that if you truly desire truth in the inward parts , you will get it.

I do not think the Jezebel spirit is strictly a woman thing although it seems to be most easily recognized in women , because of her gender. For those who have not seen Jezebels in operation before , it is a person who pretends submission to authority all the while working on their own agenda.

What is neat about the Holy Spirit is He started pricking me , (making me uncomfortable) when I knew my submission was not being real.
So that none of you out there are saying , "Oh wow, what a great person. She doesn't want to be fake." Let me inform you that is not really my doing.

I don't want to be fake because I want a real relationship with Jesus . How I got to be this way can only be attributed to the grace of God.

The word of my testimony today is that I am more able to forgive those people that I needed to forgive yesterday, and I am beginning to see a fruit of repentance.

Hallelujah, I am headed back to being a Mary in a Martha's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment