Thursday, March 25, 2010

He That Ears Let Him Hear

My friend and I are hoping for an encounter with God. This means we are open to anything or any way that He might want to reveal Himself to us.
I shared a word of testimony yesterday with my friend. It was of a time when God moved on my behalf in a very wonderful way. My reason for sharing that testimony was because I also wanted her to know what happened the next day.
Some well meaning church attender called me up and said that I had been unwise . That God wants us to use wisdom and that my step of faith could of cost many people their lives.
My friend was shocked. "You did not believe her, did you?" my friend said. That is what I wanted to tell you, "yes , I did."
I was at a time in my life when I thought everyone knew better than me. I loved God but I thought when He said to love people , He meant "please people." I could not fathom doing anything that other church goers thought I should not do.
Now of course , I know better. Just in case I forget , I recently have had my own little reminder, that every time God moves , somebody is going to feel it their duty to shame you.

I told her that I think the way to handle these helpers words is to throw them in the fire. Just like Paul threw that viper in the fire. I was also quick to remind her that Jesus said, " when you feed your enemies and you cloth your enemies it will be like fire of coals upon their heads. "

My enemies seem to be well fed and they have nicer clothes than I do. However, I am praying that the spiritual food and the white wedding garments they really hope to be wearing when Jesus returns , will be provided.

May God be glorified as I need His strength to do this. Throwing their words into the fire and blessing those who curse you is not an easy thing to do. Actually more than I can do. May God be glorified as each day I am trying to be more yielded to His strength and ask again for an encounter of Himself into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment