Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Hearts of Children and Fathers

As I share my word of testimony today I will be laying out some scriptures for you.
This is to help you understand my testimony. I live under the blood of the lamb and by the word of my testimony . There is a perfect love that is being perfected in me that will one day manifest itself as my being able to love not my life even unto death.

How easy is it to be a Christian ? Oh easy, all you have to do is love the LORD your God with all your heart , soul and mind , and love your neighbor as yourself.

My heart , yes , well ..........I want to talk about my heart today.

2 Chronicles 11:16 And after them out of all the tribes of Israel such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the LORD God of their fathers.

2 Chronicles 20:33 Howbeit the high places were not taken away: for as yet the people had not prepared their hearts unto the God of their fathers.

Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Now we could talk in great length about the spirit and power of Elias. Much has been written about him . What has stirred me today is that I want my heart to be prepared for the LORD .

John the Baptist went about in the the spirit of and power of Elias. His job description was to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; and to make ready a people prepared for the LORD.

Now I have found that a teacher who has experienced what he teaches can actually teach. The spirit of the LORD has taught him what he learned through what he experienced . The spirit of and the power of the LORD is upon him when he can teach in the spirit of love.

I think in these last days I ought to share my words of testimonies with others as often as I can.

For everytime I share what the spirit of the LORD has taught me . I believe I am allowing the spirit to grow within me . My hope is in God's word. Romans 5 says that through the suffering I have done I have the hope of the love of Christ being shed abroad in my heart. This of course is if I have persevered and had good character worked in me.

Do I sound as if I think there is nothing wrong with me ? Please LORD how do I give this word of testimony so that people will understand ?

My heart was not turned back to my father, my children's hearts were not trained to have a heart for their fathers and now that I find it is time to be worshipping in spirit and in truth, I still have high places that have not been brought down.

Yet I believe that the spirit of Elias still lives on. My heart is open , and I am seeking and I will not be ashamed.

I will worship in as much of the spirit of truth that I can as it is a work that is being done in me.
I will not despair for the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment