Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Learning Skills

I have been preparing for rain. (See the movie Facing The Giants.)

When I have a certain kind of need it makes sense to me to begin looking for ways to prepare myself for the need to be met. I need to place an ad in the paper offering my service for employment. So while at a yard sale this book about "making great ads" caught my eye. The more I read this book the more encouraged I have become about placing the ad. The author's enthusiasm and confidence is encouraging. His honesty has only helped me to enjoy his suggestions. He has a motive for writing this book . He invites his readers to send their success stories and ideas to him . He's willing to pay for them ,yet he honestly describes how he will use the material to help himself make even more money. The latter has nothing to do with my word of testimony except to point out how honesty can be an encouragement . Detailed honesty.

One of the skills I hope to achieve by sharing my word of testimony is to learn how to share the details . Honestly .

My reason for wanting to give a word of testimony is that I want to be an over comer.
Sharing the details requires more honesty . Just letting you know that I shop at yard sales was not that hard. At the same yard sale I was once again prey to the fast talking seller. I protected myself though this time. After she convincingly told me these magazines were worth so much more than what she was asking for them, I told her the truth. I said, "It doesn't matter if they are not. I figure that if you are having a yard sale you really need the money. I consider what I am giving you is a gift. " What I have to battle against is the resentment that comes up every time I remember that she must have looked them up on ebay herself. She sold them for the exact dollar amount and saved herself the time and fees for selling the same items. (However, in an auction prices can be unpredictable for either side.)

But she didn't know that little book she sold me for fifty cents would be a source of encouragement from the LORD for me. Because of that little book , today I am encouraged to prepare for rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment