Monday, October 19, 2009

Preparing For Rain

This word of testimony may lose some of it's impact if you have not watched the movie Facing The Giants. My favorite part in the whole movie is when the fellow tells this story to the coach. He says, "Two farmers were praying and asking God for rain for their crops. One farmer just kept praying and did nothing. The other farmer continued to pray while he started plowing his fields and planting his crop. Which farmer do you suppose had the better crop when the rain came ?"

I can tell you of many times when I was praying for help when it seemed like nothing less than a miracle would help. I can tell you of many miracles that have happened in my life time. I can recall more than a few that happened but because I wasn't prepared , the help that came was less than the glory producing act it was suppose to be.

A classic example of this in the Bible is in Exodus. When their miracle of being released from slavery came they were not ready to be free.

Today I am so thankful to have learned my lessons about preparing for rain. I am so thankful and grateful for the miracles that are happening around me all the time. Still I feel an urgency in my spirit to not stop for long , because I need to prepare for the next rain that is to come.

My daughter and I struggle with some health problems and we regularly approach God for healing and strength. Our LORD has healed us , we know this , we are anticipating that the evidence of our healing will show up any day now. It was shortly after I wrote my last blog about preparing that I realized I had failed to prepare for God to heal us.

Actually the preparing for rain requires a move of God's spirit too. Pretend with me that I could have a time machine that would take me back to the days right before the Israelites left Egypt. If I told them about the need to prepare for freedom and then just left , what good would that do ? Unless they had some idea about how to begin to prepare their hearts , it would be like handing a farmer a book about farming but giving him no tools.

It happens to me often that I feel as though I need to accept the class of kindergarten rather than gain the status of going up to another level. I don't mind a bit. My father can use me here and that is all the joy that I need. As I learn with child like acceptance how to prepare for my healing , I already know that it will help my daughter and others that I share my word of testimony with.

May God grant me the grace and strength I need to share my word of testimony. It takes a move of His spirit , for I alone can not do this.

This is why I become so excited when others share their words of testimony with me. I know that they are being empowered by the Holy Spirit to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment