Saturday, May 16, 2009

And Now I See

My word of testimony for today is 2 Cr 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

With my testimony today I give praise to God for the light He has shined in my heart. His light that He so graciously chose to shine in my heart I praise Him for and thank Him for.
The more I appreciate and thank Him for this light the more He gives me !

I have wished with all my heart that I would not make mistakes that cause problems for other people. Only I alone can know the depths of that desire . It may sound like a wish that even God would consider granting . The God Who created the universe and Who can do all things well , has chosen not to grant my request and I do make mistakes that cause problems for others.
With great delight I can tell you of a request that I am sure He will grant.

"Glorify Thy name Lord." It is easier to say , "Glorify Thy name Lord, " when I do what appears to be right. The same faith that I put in action when I did that right thing can also be applied to my mistakes. After all He is the One Who brings forth the "glory." Take my mistake and glorify Thy name I believe is a request that He will honour.

With my word of testimony today I also give praise to the One who promises to give me the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
What stood out to me today was "the knowledge" part of this promise. I think that God is willing give me knowledge for the purpose of glorifying His name.

I have asked Him for knowledge and understanding about a great many things. Without even connecting at times for what reason I was asking for this knowledge. When I say, "Father, I have need of this ..................." I know He hears me. I now thank Him for the knowledge of what to do with what I have been given , that it will glorify God in the face of Jesus Christ.

I think that "in the face of Jesus Christ" means that Jesus' life gave us this light so we might glorify God. Jesus lived His life out loud for the Father. He was intent on our being able to know the Father through His actions. It requires knowledge from the light shone in our hearts to know how to look at Jesus' life and discern how we can glorify God.

However, let me remind myself one more time. It is God who brings forth the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment