Thursday, May 28, 2009

His Banner

I feel so released from a lie that the enemy had told me ! Truth has power ! It is worth the time it takes to seek the truth ! Truth that it is revealed by the Holy Spirit comes not from man a lone. It may be the good news that man brings but it is the Holy Spirit that brings that news to light and gives it the power to set captives free.

While a light burning can become brighter and brighter , truth can become more powerful as I let the Holy Spirit have it to make real to me. It is God's desire that I glorify Him. It is the enemies desire that I don't . He uses many tactics to accomplish his goal. My King and LORD uses many ways to show me the enemy is defeated, under the feet of my LORD.
The choice is mine , every day . If I choose to give God glory , so be it. When I choose to give God glory I am saying in my heart , "I believe that God can bring His glory forth through me. I will not hide. I will believe. "

One tactic the enemy has wanted to use to convince me to hide , has been shame. Once again I am faced with the opinion of man , that a lot of times agrees with the opinion of the enemy , instead of God the creator of heaven and earth.

Since this new light has begun to come on in my life and reveal the truth about shame , I have been amazed at how accustomed I had been to accepting shame.
The other day some one was telling a real life story about his self. He stated " I don't think I should tell this. " After he was done, I agreed , "I don't think you should have told that." Just why did I say that ?

Because of shame. It has become a customary thing to not talk about mistakes or sins because of shame. Even as a God fearing , Bible believing Christian , who has been redeemed by the blood of Jesus , I hesitate to let my brothers and sisters say what they will , because of shame.

This is because even when Truth becomes real , the enemy doesn't stop. He wants to quench this fire light , not let it get brighter. So I have to practice believing. I have to learn to think new thoughts and learn to act on what I believe.

For some reason I have felt like I need to put a banner up in front of my house. Like a flag of the United States that is put in front of a building showing those inside are citizens of the US. I feel like I need to show a banner saying , "I am redeemed. "

I am not sure I will find an exact scripture to support this , but I found one that shows Jesus desires to declare a statement over me with a banner. He desires to seat me at a banqueting table and a banner over me would say "LOVE" .

My word of testimony today is Sgs. 2:4 He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me [was] love.

No comments:

Post a Comment