Monday, May 18, 2009

Speaking The Truth In Love

The One Who knows me best , loves me most.

Two weeks ago I began a 12 week Bible Study Workbook by Pat Springle titled Untangling Relationships . It was not long after I began reading that the Holy Spirit began convicting me of idolatry. Unfortunately the spirit of condemnation has wanted to walk in the same door. This problem with condemnation has been an ongoing problem with me .

Finally today I told God I needed to hear from Him but I was aware that the condemnation was compelling me to pull back from Him.

And so He showed me the picture of the woman at the well. What He said to her, He is willing to say to me. Yes, a part of the conversation brought out the truth. She was living with a man, not married. Truth for me , I am an idolater and I want to be an idol for others .
There is another story where Jesus talks to the woman the Pharisees wanted to stone for adultery. Jesus tells her He does not condemn her, go and sin no more.
But this codependency thing is so tricky. I can go along thinking that I am helping people from a truly right motive , and then all of a sudden it shows up to me, that no , I did not have a right motive. How can I say to Jesus I will go and not sin ?

I think the answer comes from the place that I have learned about other addictions.

First of all it is impossible to do this thing without God. Backing away from Him is never the answer. I must receive His grace , which means that He is willing to love me and treat me just the same . What I am planning on doing today , has a right motive or what I am planning on doing today , has an undercover motive of idolatry/wanting to be an idol . When I receive His grace it means I believe He will love me and treat me just the same , regardless of my motive. It is this hard concept about His character that I must receive. His love is unconditional .

Second , I prepare to live my life without sin. I study this workbook about codependency and I meditate on the scriptures from the Bible. I do not claim to be something I am not . I claim to be preparing to be a person who does not sin against God. I will look at myself with truth in love because this is the way Jesus is looking at me.

My word of testimony revolves around my request that He be glorified.

Matt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Blessed be the LORD Who brings forth His glory through me .

No comments:

Post a Comment