Friday, May 29, 2009

I Live By Faith

Who am I ? A house cleaner , a mother , a church attender , a .......................
The list could go on and on. As a person who once placed their self worth on doing things right , I realize how I had lost my identity. I could not tell you what I really liked to do. I couldn't see my self , by my self . Every attempt to view the real me was always based on the projection of how others viewed me and that would be what "job" they thought I was. To tell you what I really liked to do was based on what I thought would help me do my job better .

Then the light came on and I began to see all this as making myself a self made idol. How well I cleaned a house , how well my children did , how much I knew about God , .......................... was in fact what I wanted people to see , and I wanted very much for it to be good.

Fortunately for me , the light in my life has come gradually. For every bit of light , I have been given opportunity to walk in it , then more light was given . So my journey did not start yesterday. With my word of testimony I talk about the light I have to walk in to today.

Sometimes it seems as if I am being asked to walk through a room that has barely enough light to help me navigate around couches, big chairs and little foot stools. Still I want to try. Every time I try , even when I make mistakes, or fall down, I learn that the God I serve is glorified .
He would rather I took the talent He has given me and do something , rather than nothing.

What began as a desire to be in right relationship with the Holy Spirit has brought me to the place that I am this morning. I talk about following the Spirit , and I do, by faith I do. As Romans 8 tells all who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God can choose to follow the Spirit.
What about my relationship with this Spirit ? What is it suppose to be like ? ( I still have this desire to have it right , but God's way, not my own.)

All of these words of testimony lead to live my life God's way. I sense that His Way is not to serve Him as others serve other gods. He wants connection , He wants love , He wants to be my only God .

At times I would pray this prayer. Heavenly Father , I ask that You would help me to not grieve the Holy Spirit , or quench the Holy Spirit , or deny the power of the Holy Spirit , or lie to the Holy Spirit . In Jesus name I ask Amen.

These four things I found in the Bible to not do. The "to do " I think is found in this passage . Once again I remind myself that it is better to try to walk in the light rather than sit and do nothing because I am afraid that I won't do it "right".

The word of my testimony today is Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment