Wednesday, May 20, 2009

His Glory

My word of testimony today is 2 Cr 4: 17 & 18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

For many years I had this scripture written out and placed where I could see it first thing every morning. I remember getting up every day, reading this scripture, going through my day , and constantly looking forward to night again , so I could sleep and escape my miserable life. Before I would close my eyes I would pray that perhaps I would have a good dream and thus have some happiness in my life. When I talk about depression now , I talk about it as one who had spent time in prison. The memories are not pleasant but I am glad that I do not forget.

Every now and then , usually at least one time a day , I look up and smile at God and say, "thank you, I just felt happy, thank you so much." The truth I share as my word of testimony today is that God's word does not return void. Even though I did not feel happy , I did not feel joy except in brief encounters of His presence , I did not have any evidence that what I felt was making me miserable would change, there was a weight of glory being produced.

Today I am faced with a light affliction. It seems to be on a scale of lightness going to just that place before I can not be happy if it gains one ounce more. However, every time it just about tips the scale and my happiness becomes quenched , I remember the race that I am running for His glory. I realize that for every second that I respond to the problem the way that Jesus would it is producing a weight of glory that I will know about eternally . For all eternity a light will shine through me that will glorify God. I have the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ to show me how to respond to my problems in such a way that a weight of glory will be produced.

How cool is that ? I can only be happy then. This problem becomes a blessing as I see it as a glory producing agent for my LORD. This problem is really at my feet as I use it to go on and run this race , for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment