Monday, May 4, 2009

Faith Grace or Grace Faith ?

I found it very helpful to write out the testimony titled The Mind of Christ . Over the course of years I went from being a person unable to drive in any traffic to a person with the mind of Christ who will not say ,"no , I can't go any where ," based on traffic conditions.
My confidence that I could walk in the spirit and not follow my flesh became strengthened when I thankfully read Romans 8 verses one through 15 out loud to God several times. Romans 10:17 says , So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. This holds true for me. When I speak God's word , faith cometh.
I have discovered that my word of testimony blog is not what I had thought it would be.
I thought it would be a way of giving my word of testimony. Actually it is a helpful tool for putting my thoughts together . Just as one does not build a house without some thought , I need to put some thought into how I am to apply God's word to my life.
So I will continue to write out my word of testimony and then read it out loud also.

My word of testimony today is Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

As I read Hebrews 3 and 4 I find Paul is trying to get across the importance of faith. I staggered a long time not understanding grace. Now that I understand it I know that it is not obtainable without faith. What I have been struggling with of late has to do with being able to give grace to others. Yet it had not occurred to me what an impossible task I had set before myself if I were to try to give grace without faith. I can not place my faith in others but I can place my faith in a loving God Who resides on a throne of grace. May I learn to do as Paul and exhort those to whom I wish to give grace. May I live my life out loud in a way that let's them know I have found that throne of grace and He does give mercy and I have found grace to help in time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment