Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How Fast Is Fast Enough ?

I have skipped leaving my testimony for a few days. The understanding for "where am I?" has needed to catch up with "the where I am." I have a testimony for understanding but that was yesterdays news so here is today's word of testimony.

I run a race each day that is to bring glory to God.

Just how well do I need to do ? As a man thinketh so is he. If I judge myself too harshly I will automatically judge others by the same measure. Yet, I am aware of "a just God." Do I want to cut myself slack and end up in a very fiery end ?
Since I know that I will be judged according to how I judge others , I want to be fair about the answer to my question. REALLY !

This is going to be an on going word of testimony so today I will talk about this part.

When judgement day comes , am I going to be standing there with a bag of excuses ????
Or am I going to be there with fruit ???? The fruit of the Spirit to be more exact.

Staying with my topic of excuses , I pick out this scripture to be my word of testimony today.
Matt 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.
The same story but Jesus' statement is said in just a little bit different way , Luke 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

What excuses have I been using for not running this race as fast as I can ?
I could make this blog really long right now if I were to start listing them.
For sake of time I will make a general observation. What I perceive as a necessity may not be what God perceives as necessity. Today I will be asking God to show me what excuses I have been using and how shall I go about getting rid of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment