Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Redemption for Shame

My word of testimony today is Ps 107:2 Let the redeemed of the LORD say [so], whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

I am learning to enjoy the benefits that God has given me. I feel sure this is what He wants me to do. I base that feeling on the knowledge that it cost Him a lot to give these benefits to me. He is glorified when I receive what He paid such a great price for. He is exalted by the glory that is revealed by the benefit that I am able to receive.

My word of testimony today is a new practice of mine. After so many years of believing that I should be ashamed, it is taking practice to believe that I should not. As I read Ps 107 I can almost hear the conversation and the admonishment of the LORD , do not be ashamed !
I hear, "You did this, got you in trouble, you cried out to the LORD, He heard you and delivered you out of your trouble, because you are His redeemed ! "

The redeemed should not be ashamed ! The redeemed are His , those He responds to when they call up0n Him. What a blessing to be His !

Do I want to stop being an idolater ? Do I want to stop wanting others to idolize me ? Yes , I do.

Am I glad that when I realize I have gotten myself into a bad place because of my sinful life style that I can call upon Him and He will deliver me out of my distresses ? Yes , I am. One more thing let me add on to being glad about. I do not have to be ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment