Friday, May 1, 2009

When Running a Race You Don't Finish Still Counts

My word of testimony today is Rev 3: 8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

I put yesterday's word of testimony on draft and left it. I was looking at how I had not ever accomplished the task that seemed to be set before me today. The task actually includes the word denial , I thought that was interesting . The word of encouragement that came to me this morning was a reminder that the church in Philadelphia were commended for their little strength.

Yesterday I was aware that I had tried to do the task before me , before . Like being asked to run a marathon race and I had never completed the race. I had tried many times. In fact the task at hand does not just have one job description and many of those endeavors I had tried before but gave up or quit because it just seemed like all indications said quit.

Kind of like my facing the giant of fear that was on the freeway in traffic. I had gone out with my word from God ( it is spelled Bible) and tried to handle these problems the way I thought God would want me to. The end result did not seem to show forth much of His glory, I thought, until today. What I do today with a little strength just might bring big results later on. I have a little strength that God had given me to conquer big giants . I can not give up and I have to go out everyday determined to do all for the glory of God .

Just like when I read Rev 12:11 and I say, I will live by the blood of the lamb , and I will live by of the word my testimony , and I will learn to love not my life unto death. I can also say, He knows my works, He has set before me an open door and no man will shut it, I have a little strength and am keeping His word, and I will learn how to not deny His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment