Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My word of testimony today is Matt 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Yesterdays word of testimony motivated my thinking about a current anxiety that I have. The very action of writing out my testimony has brought the very fruit to me that I hoped it would do for others.

I will take this motivation to receive not only a word of testimony that will knock this giant of fear down but will also cut off it's head !
I am going to be honest with my readers here and tell you what the giant looks like. I am going to ask the readers to only comment with a personal word of testimony. That means using a scripture you personally applied to your life in a situation. Also I would ask you to be honest, did that victory cut off the giant's head or did it just knock him to the ground ?

I also am trying to be honest and tell you just where I think this giant is for me.

My daughter is at the age she must learn to drive and own her own car. I have put it off as long as I can . She is old enough to want her own dwelling and live by her own rules. She needs to find her own way in life.

The driving alone is a giant and the owning a car is a giant. The living on her own is a giant.
One day I think I have applied God's word to my life and I see her able to drive without having a wreak. Especially since there has been some people say they are willing to teach her. The owning the car giant, means that I can see her able to know what to do if it breaks down. Will she have good enough boundaries to stay in the car with the doors locked until someone arrives that she knows or a tow truck ? I look for signs of personal boundaries but I have never seen her in an emergency situation that I was not able to come and help her. Also the living alone giant looks similar . No one is able to resist the temptations of this world without God's strength.

I just realised all these worries have to do with how will she react and how will she do ? Here is where I will be when this giant is down. I will be able to confidently know that what ever she chooses to do with her life , I will love the LORD my God with all my heart , soul , mind and strength. When it comes to serving God and Him only I need to be in a me mentality , rather than what about her.

I am about to start an online study group Untangling Relationships by Robert McGee. He is the author of a Search for Significance. This Bible based study I hope will help me come to see the necessity of my letting go and motivate me to do so.

I feel like I need help. I think God created us with a willingness to help others and be helped. I know that desire to help has been strong within me and early on I realised that help that comes from my own strength does not help at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment