Monday, April 6, 2009

Doing Truth Part two

My word of testimony today is Gal 2:19-20 “For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

As noticed in my last word's of testimony my desire to do truth comes because I realize I need light. If I want to be a vessel that light shines through then I must attend to the light. When ever I feel as though a change is coming I want to be sure I remain faithful in the little things. As I began taking inventory of some of the little things , my attention was drawn to an exercise that I have a problem doing. First of all I have a problem remembering that I am to do it. Then second a problem doing it without feeling detached from what I am doing.

This little thing that I am to faithful in doing should be done before I eat every meal. How blessed I am that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. If there were condemnation I am sure I would feel compelled to offer my before the meal prayer , detached or not and then go on. Just to avoid the condemnation.

Yet I am convicted of my neglect to ask for our Father's blessing on the food and so I am trying to do better . God uses food so often in His Word that I feel to get this right is important to Him.

Luke 24:28-32 Then they drew near to the village where they were going, and He indicated that He would have gone farther. But they constrained Him, saying, "Abide with us, for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent." And He went in to stay with them. Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight. And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?"

The reason I picked out Gal 2:19-20 to be my word of testimony is because I want a word that will help me go from doing a right thing like keeping the law , into doing the right thing by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Back to what I was saying about being detached. It seems to me that my training as a child , to say "God is great, God is good, let us thank Him for this food. Amen" trained me that detachment was fine. Just say these words , then eat.

The book Hiding From Love says this about detachment as a hiding style. This is a relational style used when hiding from attachment.
Defensive Behavior - Deep feelings of not belonging and of near total relational isolation.
Recommended Steps - Seek people who will accept detached style and help us develop intimacy.

As I live by faith in the Son of God's love for me , I will trust Him to do the rest. I will also be open to what He will do by not isolating myself .

No comments:

Post a Comment