Saturday, April 25, 2009

The God Who Smokes

My word of testimony today is a trust in His word that He will reveal Himself as a just God.
Rev 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous [are] thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] thy ways, thou King of saints.

I am so glad that I do not expect God to be like a Jack in the Box. I say a prayer and He jumps up to do my bidding. No, He is a God Who smokes. He is a just God and merciful . Wow, if He wasn't would I be in trouble. Still there are times when it does not seem clear what His way will be. That is why I can trust Him , His way will be just and true.

I began feeling more comfortable saying, "He is a God Who smokes," after I read a book by that very title, written by Tim Stoner. I had known for a long time that God is a just God but not many teachings help put that perspective in with He is forgiving and merciful. The fact that we are to become like Him sometimes is taught but usually the forgiveness and merciful part is taught separate from we are to be just in all our ways.

Now Tim did an excellent job of describing the God Who is both and I think just by looking at this God and know He is both will be all the help I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment