Friday, April 24, 2009

A Different Kind of Yoke


The word of my testimony today: Matt 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."


The breaking of yokes can be painful at times. Sometimes one yoke has to be broke so that this yoke Jesus is talking about can be there. When I made my first break, ( did I say I made the break ?) the truth came flooding in like sunshine through a crack in the wall of a very deep dark dungeon. What I began to understand was that my being in the deep dark dungeon was not the place God wanted for me. What I understood was that because He had given me a little light , He wanted that light to shine.


For every bit of greater light to come to me I have had to be willing to let a yoke be broke. There just seems to areas that I have to try it first myself. Probably because the willingness to have the yoke broke comes from the Holy Spirit but then instead of waiting now for the Holy Spirit to lead me on, I begin my own yoke breaking ceremony. There seems to be a place some where between I will do it for You LORD and I surrender all , and then do something, that is kind of hard to find. I suppose if it was easy I would not appreciate the HOLY Spirit as much as I do. What I really appreciate is God's gracious patience with me as these yokes are really small gods that I don't want there but be there they are. If I have a yoke on it is kind of what guides me around. The opinion of others or the opinions I have formed based on what others have told me can be yokes. The truth is that Jesus wants to be my only yoke.
This can be hard to let happen . For one thing there is the fearful thought that says , "what if I let my old opinion go and the new real truth is so different no one will like me ?" Having had a few yokes broken and found out that it is worth not being liked that is not such a big deal anymore to me. I want to remain aware of the difficulty I have had through the years of the breaking of yokes so that I can empathize with others. It is no easy thing to be ready to say, "Okay, God tell me , what did You really mean when You said _____________ (put any verse in the Bible here.) "
Another part of the yoke breaking requires that you really take a good look at the yoke. This is where I am now. I guess for there to be a true repentance one has to make a confession of the sin first. I guess in order to be able to confess my sin I have to take a good look at what this yoke really is. Also why is it there instead of the yoke Jesus has always wanted to put on me.
The most beautiful picture this morning is Jesus pouring out His mercy and grace upon me.
He's standing there waiting for me to let HIM break my old yoke and receive His.

No comments:

Post a Comment