Sunday, April 19, 2009

What This War Is About

Since I have begun sharing my word of testimony, many new "Christian" people have come into my life. They want to help me. Enlighten me. To be more correct they want the Holy Spirit through His word to enlighten me.

That is not a bad goal.

However, I wonder why they are spending their time and money on that , for me.

This is why community is so important. The very things that I notice in my friends are the very things the Holy Spirit was wanting me to look at in my own life. Some where it is written, "iron sharpeneth iron." Without these friends where would I be ? I can tell you. I would have a very dull sword of the Spirit.

I realised about two years ago I needed sharpening when I joined this Tuesday night group .
Their love for God is sincere but the way they believe that they should apply God's word to their lives , is not the same way that I believe always.

However, they had one point really right on. I will be for ever grateful for this one truth that this group has helped me grasp. God loves me and thinks of me as a valuable person. My being a woman does not make me a second class citizen. My past does not make me a second class citizen. My present day mistakes does not make me a second class citizen. My past , present and future is seen by God and He has already decided, He loves me and He will not quit. This group is awesome . Mainly because I have never found anyone else who was willing to sacrifice their time to make sure that I , and women like me really get this truth. The majority of do gooders just want to help you enough to get salvation and maybe a little more, the Holy Spirit. But when it comes to who we are in Christ Jesus , they have abandoned me. So I praise God for the steadfast Tuesday night group.

And the other things they believe , have been iron sharpeneth iron to me. Such a benefit that I also am so grateful for. Now I have some "new friends . " I can only take a deep breath and think, "here I go again. "

Mean while I have become very war conscious. The only hope that the enemy has of winning is that I would believe his lie. The enemy actually is helpful for the iron sharpeneth iron principle too. He lies and I come back with the truth. Every time my sword becomes sharper and sharper.

I also want to join in with my friends who are at war. Their desire to pick up their sword of Truth and come back at the enemies lies , puts them in the ranks of "my real friends."
I want to be really helpful. I don't want to be an iron sharpeneth iron to them. They have enough of that going on already. However, I really can never be sure for what purpose God has me in their lives , so I have to live by faith.

I think it would be helpful if I could remind them , and myself what the big picture looks like.
God so loved the world that He gave His Son, and the enemy is trying to convince us that it is not true. But it is true and nothing will change that.

Because of my new friends , I am able to see that my old friends do not need enlightenment.
They need strength. They need power. They need wisdom. They need love.
I must stand with them and agree with them as they strike out at the enemies lies with their sword of Truth. "Yes, God has not given you a spirit of fear." "Yes, He has given you a spirit of love , power and a sound mind. "

The good that I reap from my friends is that it is not wrong to hope for a miracle. I think it is wrong to say, "and the miracle will look like this and this. " However, that is good iron sharpening material. The truth is that the spirit of love, power and a sound mind is a miracle. I may not know what it will look like coming through me until I need it , but when it does come through surely all will know this came from His spirit , not mine.

For too long I have been trying to help my friends at the wrong end of the sword. My efforts to help them become enlightened has probably only been iron sharpening material for them.

I now believe for a miracle. Love is all those things 1Cr. 13 says it is, but it is not produced by me. If indeed His love comes through me it will be a miracle and it will help more than anything else I could do.

The word of my testimony today: Rev 12: 11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

"Yes, they did !"

No comments:

Post a Comment