Friday, April 3, 2009

Takeing Heed

The word of my testimony today is Luke 11: 31-34 "No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light. The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light."





Sometimes the thought comes to me , how do you know that the Holy Spirit is leading you to your word of testimony each day? My answer to the thought is "I don't know, but I live by faith, that when I ask for bread that I will not be given a stone." Today's word is a somewhat different approach to the word of testimony I had a few days ago to plowing up my fallow ground. (See The Haunt of Jackals )

When I start seeing connections between words it is kind of like seeing a mile marker on the road I hoped I was on.

Again in the New Testament part of the Bible Jesus is saying to the people listening , "you are hearing my words but are you applying them ?"

I think He is also saying , "are you really understanding what I am saying ?" Maybe He is saying , "look within yourself, do you see a light ?" Maybe He is saying ,"if you see light, what are you doing with it ?" These are questions I think He is addressing to me. This is my word of testimony.

Earlier I was thinking about Paul and his first encounter with Jesus. What took Paul a matter of three days , I wonder if it isn't likened unto what has taken me 21 years.

A few weeks ago I was sick . When I asked God for wisdom concerning attending church that Sunday the thought came to me that I should ask my pastor to pray for me before the service. Ask him to anoint me with oil .

I went thinking that God would help me do this simple task but I chickened out. Now my pastor is so full of the love of God I know he would of gladly responded to my request. I couldn't bring myself to ask him to break his usual routine for me. So I started coughing towards the end of the praise time and felt I should leave.

So if Jesus had told me to do the things He told Paul to do after meeting him on the road, would I do them ? Now getting healed will get my attention.

Do I have to be sick in order for Him to get my attention ? I think not. However, I think the right response is not just a piece of cake. I think repentance requires understanding and I think understanding comes from a desire for truth.

Someone said once, "how much does it cost to follow Jesus ?" The answer to the question is : "Everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment