Saturday, April 18, 2009

Living in the Kingdom

My word of testimony today: Ps 144:1 [[[A Psalm] of David.]] Blessed [be] the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, [and] my fingers to fight:

Praise and blessing and honor unto the Lord who teaches me His ways.
I was taught that spiritual warfare existed along the same time I was taught that God was real and that I should ask Jesus to come into my heart. Basically when anyone had a headache at church it was explained as "spiritual warfare." Bigger problems also, "spiritual warfare." I learned in a song, "I'm in the LORD's army, yes sir ! I'm in the LORD's army. "

How blessed am I to finally learn that being in LORD's army is actually all I need to do to be on the winning side. When He is teaching my hands to war , He is teaching my hands to bless and not curse. When I am asking Him into my heart I am asking for His word to dwell in me. When I am asking Him for strength it is not so that I can defeat the enemy. It is so I can stand , while I wait on Him to show His victory the way He chooses to do so.

It takes a lot of strength to stand but God is not opposed to my asking for strength. He is not going to deny my request either . He has already provided rest and strength for me, may my eyes be opened to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment