Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Word

I give this word of testimony because it is written in Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

I figure it is never to early to start practicing what the saints in Revelation 12 did.

Practice is a good word because essentially that is what I am doing. Even though some days by my own estimation it hasn't been a particularly fruitful day, still I am practicing for the next day. Each day I will get better at giving this word of testimony.

So what makes a good harvest day ?

Now I have two really good stories that I could tell you about yesterday. Each one was a result of my applying God's word to my life. These would be the kind of stories one would expect to hear if I were to title this blog , Praise Reports.

Because my word of testimony for today is basically a seed work , I can't imagine that people are really to interested in reading this blog. My hope is , not to have followers that read this blog daily but to be an inspiration for the reader to somehow find a way to give their own word of testimony that day. I know that if they do it one day , it will be like planting a seed . On the day they find the fruit from that seed they will become more than anxious to start planting seeds daily. Life has become so exciting for me , I have a really hard time being quiet. I want to give praise reports constantly but I have to wait for the Holy Spirits leading .

It does not please the Holy Spirit for me to just spread out the harvest for people to see. To See would be the key words here. The Holy Spirit and The Word were together in my life when I planted the seed. When I give a praise report, it can be a word of testimony if these two main ingredients are in it. Then it is not a praise report for people to see. It is me sharing the bread from the harvest of the seeds The Holy Spirit and The Word once gave me.

The WORD that I use for my word of testimony comes sometimes just like the seed a farmer would gather from his harvest. The Word is often a fruit from a time planted long ago.

If you are still with me , here is my word of testimony for today. Ps 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered [them] from their destructions.

How I plan to apply this word to my life is : 1. Believe that He has sent His word. 2. Receive that word that He has sent and be healed. 3. Expect deliverance from my destructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment