Monday, April 27, 2009

His Right Hand

The word of my testimony today is Ps 118:16 The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.

I find that whenever I think that something is hard to do it must be that I am trying to do it in my strength and not the LORD's. So the answer is not to quit but to lay down the part that is not the LORD's and try again. The balance between law and grace must be that the law can be performed by grace. The law or commandments are prioritized by Jesus making all the other laws easy to perform. If He had not prioritized them for me I might have taken another attitude towards them. Like this :#1 . That one's hard I'll come back to that one later. #2. Let me see, can I do that one ? Where is that one about stealing ? Maybe if I at least do that one maybe I'll get credit for one out of ten.

However, the laws were prioritized , even condensed down to two , and joyfully (after a sorrowful desire for repentance ) I can receive His grace to live the law. Not me by myself but with Jesus' indwelling power from the HOLY SPIRIT that I receive as grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment