Monday, April 20, 2009

Amram and Jochebed's Story

The word of my testimony today is Hebrews 11:23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king's command.

Following the Spirit can sometimes take me places that I've never been before. Sometimes I feel as though I have been down this road before . Attempting to raise my children without fear for instance. That situation comes up over and over . So every time I am aware there is about to be a change , I look to God for help. The less fear, the more of His love can operate through me so I have a motivation to live by faith. I think I would just tolerate the fear if I was not aware of how important it is for them to be free to enjoy being loved by God and not just me.

The words of my mother came to me today. "You can learn from my mistakes," she said. I thank her for that permission and I can see that fear was a spiritual force that literally kept me in an emotional prison .

I can only walk out of that prison with God's help, and I hope to glorify Him when I tell you He has been helping me . Whenever I have called upon Him for help He has heard me and helped.

One time that comes to my mind is when my grand-daughter was quite small. The enemy had planted thoughts in someone who began acting on them believing they were doing the right thing. I wasn't sure what was right but I knew that God ultimately did. So I called out to Him for help and He gave me an idea for a visual aid to comfort me. I took a picture of my grand-daughter and placed it inside of a paper basket woven together with paper strips. Before I wove it together I wrote on the paper strips Bible verses that held promises for me , concerning God's will to be done. Since the actions fell through that this person had purposed to do I can gratefully acknowledge God's will was done. I had peace as I trusted that He would protect her and that He would help her through this attempt to destroy her happiness.

Later I suppose I thought what I did was very child like however to do something similar to that may help me again. I believe every portion of the written Word is important . The three months of hiding Moses without fear gives me hope that I to can do as I am told to do for my children and not fear. Surely Amram and Jochebed loved not their lives even unto death. They obeyed God in faith , thus God's spirit of love was not quenched and He was able to do miraculous things.

No comments:

Post a Comment