Saturday, April 11, 2009

Blessed Be The LORD

Everyone has their own perspective when they read the Bible.

My own perspective has changed through out the years.

I can think of times when I thought of the Bible as a treasure hunt. Not for truth but what can I get ? Like stuff. I needed stuff.

When I decided all the stuff I could get wasn't really what I wanted , I decided a new me would be good. I had never really liked "me" so I worked on a new me.

I became discouraged with that over the years. Mainly because I had decided the way to become a new me was "to be transformed by the renewing of my mind." When I became aware of the entire verse and the entire context I realised why I had become discouraged. However, all things do work together for good for those who are called according to His purpose and love Him .

My perspective now is , relationship. What is it saying about relationship ? How does this help me understand the kind of relationship Jesus wants to have with me ?

It's about a 98 degree angle turn from where I was when I started. Even though every place I've been, has taught me invaluable lessons. Perhaps every perspective did teach me a little bit about relationship.

Now I realise a relationship with Jesus means , it's all about HIM. Now He is all about loving me so it is not a bad deal. I had a human relationship once where I made the guy my god. It was all about him but it was the pits because this guy did not love me. Now I realise how fortunate I am that he was such a bum and treated me so bad. If he would of been loving me like Christ loves the church , there I'd be , still idolizing a man instead of serving the true and living God.

When I thank God for the things I attribute have come from Him , I could actually be more focused on the stuff than upon Him . I just realised today that the best way to respond to God would be to say " blessed be " .

Over and over in the Bible people proclaim how thankful they are for the things they attribute that God has done by saying "blessed be."

In the story of Ruth and Naomi , Ruth 4:14 And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed [be] the LORD, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel.

In the story of Abigal and David, 1 Sam 25:32 And David said to Abigail, Blessed [be] the LORD God of Israel, which sent thee this day to meet me: 1 Sam 25:39 And when David heard that Nabal was dead, he said, Blessed [be] the LORD, that hath pleaded the cause of my reproach from the hand of Nabal, and hath kept his servant from evil: for the LORD hath returned the wickedness of Nabal upon his own head. And David sent and communed with Abigail, to take her to him to wife.

I could keep going but I got the idea . There is being thankful , and then there is being thankful and attributing what the LORD has done.

My word of testimony today is may my thanksgiving come out of my mouth as the women who spoke to Naomi and so many others who knew how to relate to God.

my reference for today was found in blueletterbible.org when I put the words blessed be the LORD in the search .

No comments:

Post a Comment