Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All That I Have Is Yours

The Word of my testimony today:
Luke 15:31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

Living my word of testimony today looks like this. First of all and foremost I want to live my word of testimony. Do you remember the story of the man who wanted to change the world for the better ? Then he decided that was to big a task so he wanted to change his country. Finally the story goes on he decides he will try to change his wife . As he is just about to leave this earth he realizes his efforts have been in vain , and they would have been better spent if he would of tried to change himself.

Being the God believing person that I am , I know that except the LORD builds the house we labor in vain. So then I do not try to change myself , by myself . I look to the LORD to build this house , or re-build as it sometimes feels . My hope is to stay with the present day re-building in my own life and not try to change others. I believe if I continue to live my word of testimony it will change me. There are people who believe that what I need is more information. What I believe I need is more friends who are living their own word of testimony. Like I said earlier , iron sharpeneth iron , so their attempts in inform me , just increases my resolve to live my word of testimony , out loud.

"All that I have is thine, " the father said to the brother of the prodigal son. The hard working one that stayed home and worked in the field.

Sometimes I fail to see the forest for the trees , as they say. I was asking the LORD for help and asking Him if He could help me. Silly me because God can do anything , however He graciously did not reprimand me for asking. He simply said, "all that I have is thine."

Everytime I read the story about the prodigal son I long for there to be another elder brother in the story. One who worked in the field and was glad with the father that the prodigal son came home. One that enjoyed all the benefits of living with the father and did not feel one bit deprived of a good life.

I am very thankful today for the benefits of living in my Father's house. I know that He was very wise to send His Son to earth to live for thirty three and half years so that I would know what living like His Son would look like. I am also thankful that Jesus did not cut off Himself from us when He left this earth but continues to be around . Just like I want to be an example of living my word of testimony , Jesus is my example of living His Word of testimony.

How He lived with "all that the Father had was His" was shown everyday He lived here. He was not greedy and He was not prideful. He was not insisting that everyone know who He was and He did not get terribly upset if He wasn't talked to like the person that He was. He helped those whom the Father showed Him were His and went around doing the work the Father showed Him to do , without complaining. He got tired and He got thirsty. He also got hungry but He always slept, drank and ate when and where He was suppose to. He didn't insist that every lunch be at the best place in town and He did it all for the joy set before Him.

Our joy is in the salvation He has given us. His joy was in giving it. When I talk about stuff instead of living it I am often mis-understood. Sometimes I think I talk more about where I am going to go than talking about where I am and where I have been. True it is good to know where I am going and how I plan to get there but how many steps am I actually taking towards my destination ?

Writing out my word of testimony helps me to take a look at the map . However, I want to do more than just look at the map today. One big problem has been resolved. Having enough resources , strength, wisdom , love, power whatever is needed for this day's activities being at work in my father's field . I don't have to worry about will I have enough , or can I use it ?
Because all that He has is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment