Thursday, April 2, 2009

Grace Unto You

My word of testimony for today is Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,

When one sheep hears His voice I think all the sheep in the flock hear.

I tell you joyfully that people around me seemed to make an effort to express God's grace to me yesterday.

What a blessing to find that the very thing I had set my heart to do for them, they did for me.

One young man made a point to encourage me in my hope that my son would be awakened one day by God's love. He gave his own testimony and assured me it was something God had done on His own . He hinted that God might not need my help, which I am all to glad to agree with.

I think the help I want to give in form of instruction should somehow , just be lived, out loud .
Not by a lot of verse and knowledge but by an expression of love and grace.

This love and grace can not be worked up by me. This love and grace that I can give comes from my practicing a receiving of this love and grace from our Father.

Rather than say to God, "help me be like the father in the story of the prodigal son." I say, "help me be like the son who could receive all that the father wanted to do for him , even though he had done nothing to deserve it. Except of course , admit he was his son. "

No comments:

Post a Comment