Thursday, May 21, 2009

Truth In Love

Gal 5:26 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

My word of testimony today is that I am Christ's and I am learning to crucify the flesh with its passions and desires. I know why Paul felt it important to give this instruction to the Galatians. If the Galatians were so bent towards doing things "right" (like me) then the pride that immediately follows from doing something "right" always pops up, (if they were like me.) That is why it is so important to me to do things in love. I am tired of doing things "right" only to find out that it is hay, wood and stubble to God. I would rather have something I do take a long time and it truly be a manifestation of the fruit of love. Surely a good work that is done in this way will be profitable to the kingdom of God. He has had enough hay , wood and stubble from me. I hope with all my heart to bring Him some gold.

The truth that has been worked into my life with love , brings forth the fruit I have always wanted. God's love plants the seeds. God's love waters the seeds. God's love brings forth the increase. Anyone that has a desire for God also has a desire for more of God. Like any relationship it can grow in the direction of my desire.

Envy might be a tempter towards idolatry. I found myself envious of other's who have nice hair dos the other day. I began to think, "Surely being ugly for Jesus ," is not right. I must have a nicer hair do. Then I remembered ," man looks at the outward appearance , but God looks at the heart." That is all good and fine but what if God is not helping other people see my heart ? Then I thought , "Lord, let me see what You would see. "

I love His truth in love.

He sees a heart that wants Him to be it's only God. To worship Him and serve Him only. He sees a heart that longs to praise Him in everything I do. He sees a heart that is uncomfortable with pride and resists the temptation to pull away from Him even when I sin. He sees my bad hair day in my heart and today He sees me say , "I don't care." "I throw down that fleshly idol. I remove it from my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment