Thursday, May 7, 2009

For Our Example Jesus Washed Feet

The word of my testimony today is 1 Sam 25:41 And she arose, and bowed herself on [her] face to the earth, and said, Behold, [let] thine handmaid [be] a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord.

Today is a day that I seek repentance. Abigal was a woman of understanding. Her understanding not only benefited herself but the lives of many who were under the authority of Nabal. Nabal it seems was not a man who feared God and never gave it a thought to apply God's ways to his life. David however was a different kind of a man. His ways did not always line up with God's ways, but he feared God. Here is a woman with understanding who valiantly went to David and offered him a repentance for her sins. While giving him her repentance she was able to give David light unto his own path and remind him of his God's ways. It was then that David became aware of what a mistake he was about to make and chose instead to fear God and do things God's way.

David continued to make mistakes ,but not every time . He feared God and wanted to apply God's ways to his life but for some reason the way to do this was not always clear to him.

What I find so interesting about David is the people God brought around him. When these people feared God and valiantly applied God's ways to their lives it brought light to David's path and his own repentance was then found.

Today is a day that I seek repentance. Without the light of God showing me that path , I will only be guessing at what repentance looks like. Sometimes following the Spirit feels like a guess , in fact many times . Yet I step out in faith and trust Him to show me if I am going the right way. I fear Him but I also trust Him. My trust is increased as I see the faithfulness of God in David's life to bring people like Abigal .

No comments:

Post a Comment