Friday, May 22, 2009

Bless Me

My word of testimony today is Gen 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

When I read the story around this event in the Bible I find that God took the time to give Jacob confirmation that if He would be Jacob's God that He would bless him.

As I want God to be my only God I think that I also am blessed. Every time the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, becomes brighter, I look up to God and say , "thank you." It is just such a different life than I use to live. Freedom is way to describe it. I once was bound to man's opinion and what man wanted me to do. I now can enjoy the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. Freedom , joy , peace, now I have a life. Now I really live.

I am not sure why I was drawn to read about Jacob's ladder today. Maybe it was to remind me that I have found the Way to God and I do not have to ask to be blessed. I am blessed. All that the Father has is mine , all my needs , and all that I desire , right there for me to enjoy.

Every day He confirms to my heart that I am blessed. Since I live for His glory all that I desire is that, all that I have bless Him and glorify His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment