Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Battle Belongs To The LORD !

My sub title today is : Array Me For Battle !

Even though spiritual warfare is entirely won by the LORD , He seems to enjoy using our obedience as the catalyst to send the winning blows to the enemy.
In my mind the obedient task might be as simple as looking to Him for strength , joy and ability to clean a house joyfully and heartily as unto Him.

I enjoy the fact that so many times the LORD gave different instructions for battle to the Israelites in the OLD TESTAMENT. And sometimes it was acceptable to leave a particular battle field for a while . As in the case of David and King Saul .

I have some enemies that I think it best to avoid be around . However, I do not want to give up ground that the LORD has said is mine.
Insisting on staying when the LORD is saying "go", could be a mistake. Insisting on going when the LORD is saying "stay" likewise could be a mistake. (This is not where I am in my quest for the LORD) .

I am at that time of readiness to speak or do something totally ordered of the LORD.

Just like David was close to doing when he could of ended his torment from King Saul but instead cut off a bit of his robe. This to he considered inappropriate because he had shown disrespect to God's anointed. Maybe the thing I finally do will seem like it was wrong afterwards , by me. Maybe it wasn't that act but other acts of obedience that finally brought an end to the battle between David and Saul .

It is interesting to me that our LORD says we will be kings and priests. I am thinking this mentality of "I have been given authority and you, you don't have authority," has got to stop.
All of us who a part of the bride of Christ will be kings and priests. When I am looking at another part of the body of Christ I am looking at another king and priest. I better not touch God's anointed and I better not do him any harm. What can I do if that future king and priest is planning to ax me ? Maybe just stay out of his way .

Whatever the plan is that the LORD has for me , it will be one in which the LORD has won the battle! He will be glorified and that is all that matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment