Monday, January 26, 2009

A voice of Truth

There are so many voices out there . I think the classic parable for learning to listen to the right voices is the parable of prodigal son. Luke 15:11-32 When I read this parable I can almost hear the Elder brother talking.
I however know there is another brother there for us , should we be in the spot the prodigal son found himself in.
That brother is saying , "Yes, go in and enjoy the banquet. Yes, I too am so glad you are now wanting to obey our Father. Yes, there is much joy in my heart because you once were dead, but now you are alive, you were lost but now you are found.
Since I know how the story can go , if only you hear the elder brother , I want to pray for my friends whose hearing seems to be tuned in to hear him too.

I want to pray that the voice of truth come to them LOUDLY. So loud that it will drown out the elder brother voice. Or more effectively would be a strong , truthful word. One that just knocks the wind out of the lie that the elder brother has been telling them for so long.

How do I know they have been listening to the elder brother ? Because they are still not in the banquet room enjoying a feast with the father.

Lord , give me words of encouragement to speak to those who are still standing on the porch , rather than going in to enjoy a feast with our father.
These words must come from You LORD , for only You have the voice of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment