Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Enlarge My Borders

There are two passages of scripture that come to mind when I think of looking to the LORD to enlarge my borders. I want to remind my readers that I am sharing not to suggest you copy me by how I am using God's Word in my life. You are already using God's Word in your life and you do not need to copy me. The Word of Testimony is what you see here . I have a testimony of God's Word working in my life.
I once thought I could not love!
I mean all love , human love , the kind of love people have for pets , love that color , love that idea , and most of all divine love seemed like something impossible. After all I couldn't love like "normal" people.
However, it was a constant living by the Word of my testimony that has brought me to this day.
The road back would take to long to describe but I am willing to share with you my journey from this point on.
Just like following a path that you have never traveled on before , I mostly look down at the place I am to put my feet , "today." But occasionally I look up and glance at where I think I am going. Those scriptures I use at those times might be off a little because I can not see them as clearly. However, if it is what has caught my eye and I feel I should give it notice , I continue to look and now I share.
About borders ! Borders are those areas that LORD has given you to serve within. True serving can not be done without the LORD. However, I have tried to serve beyond my borders many times. Sometimes I wonder if that isn't a necessary part of growth because I always learn something and I am always ready to try it again when I think the Spirit is saying so.
However, after going beyond my borders several times in some areas , I am ready to seek the LORD , maybe more than I ever have before, before I just go over there and "help".
So I am allowing the word to be a testimony today in this way.
I am acknowledging the borders set by my LORD.
I am acknowledging that He is willing to enlarge those borders.
I am asking Him to do that . I am trusting for Him to give me first the blessing I need for this day to fill the borders He has already given me.
I will go to work today and do all that I do joyfully and cheerfully and heartily (because His Spirit is within me to help me do that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment