Sunday, January 25, 2009

Luke 4:18-19 "The Spirit of the LORD [is] upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to [the] poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to [the] captives And recovery of sight to [the] blind, [To] set at liberty those who are oppressed;To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD."

When I read this I am assured that Jesus wants me to be healed. I do not have to wonder if He does. I know He does . Jesus was sent to heal the brokenhearted .

My word of testimony today is that I choose to actively live this word by seeing myself and those around me as people Jesus came to :
preach the gospel to,
heal the brokenhearted,
proclaim liberty to captives ,
give sight to the blind,
set at liberty those are oppressed
and
proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.

What Jesus did is still done.

I can choose to believe He did what He was sent to do.

I can live it by looking at myself and others (who know who Jesus is) with this attitude :
we are so blessed to have the gospel preached to us
we are so blessed to have healing for our broken hearts
we are so blessed to hear that liberty has been given to captives
we are so blessed to receive sight , we are not blind
we are so blessed to have been set free , we are not oppressed
and
we can celebrate because we are living in the acceptable year of our LORD !

No comments:

Post a Comment