Friday, January 16, 2009

I Choose the Good Part

My song this morning was "All that is within me cries, that You my LORD be glorified,"
The song goes on to say , such a tiny offering , compared to Calvary.

It is so true , that my offering of wanting Him to be glorified in my life choices is even worth talking about . It is like giving a penny when He gave , well, we can not even say what He gave because it is beyond our understanding . So great a love we can not even comprehend.
Yet, my small offering He receives . Some people don't even pick up pennies anymore, but my LORD , he'll receive the smallest of offerings , and cherish it.

When I think about this day and the choices I will have to make, my hope is that I will constantly choose the good part. Just as Jesus said of Mary , who was sitting at His feet , intent on everything He had to say.

I can tell you when my resolve to choose the good part seems to become dimmer. I really long for the light of Christ to shine brighter during those times .
Being hungry, tired or poor those are times when my resolve seems to become dimmer.
I realize that my flesh keeps opening a door for temptation to come at those times .
However, I am reminded of what Paul said in
Phil. 4:12 -14 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.
Verse 14 reminds me that this journey of mine is not just a me and Jesus only adventure.
It is me and the body of Christ, His whole future bride , we are walking through this wilderness together.

No comments:

Post a Comment