Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What He Wants To Talk About

When the Holy Spirit does a convicting work in my life one day , it is normal for me to assume that He would want to do that every day.
I found myself ready to talk about my sins today , but as I waited for the Holy Spirit to bring me scripture that would fill in His part of the conversation , I came up on a startling thought.

If I am saying, "Lord , let's talk about this sin I am committing." I am really saying ,"Let's talk about me."

I know people who are me centered. The conversation does not flow easily. At best they just give me a turn to talk about whatever I want to talk about. But even as I am speaking, I know they are just waiting for me to say something that will bring the conversation around to where they can talk about their selves again.

So I began to refrain from talking about me and started trying to imagine what the Holy Spirit really would like to talk about.

This I feel is necessary for a true application of living by the word of my testimony.

Holy Spirit first and me second.
When I state ,"I have decided to follow Jesus" , there is a definite order there.
Him first , then me.

As I waited for His Word to come to me I began to realize why He might not always be obsessed with talking about my sins. After all our Heavenly Father gave His Son so that my sins would be blotted out.
Those sins that I am concerned about, He sees me already through the process of being cleansed of those sins and He is ready to talk about something else.

Right now I am enjoying that very fact , and waiting , waiting to hear just what that might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment